During the last MICCAI (Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Interventions) conference held from October 8-12, 2023, in Vancouver, the UBO-LATIM team members, in charge of AI for EVIRED has presented three papers :
- “Longitudinal self-supervised learning using neural ordinary differential equation”/Zeghlache and al. Predictive Intelligence in Medicine. PRIME 2023. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 14277. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-46005-0_1
- “LMT: Longitudinal Mixing Training, a framework to predict disease progression from a single image.”/ Zeghlache and al. Machine Learning in Medical Imaging. MLMI 2023. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 14349. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-45676-3_3
- “Improved Automatic Diabetic Retinopathy Severity Classification Using Deep Multimodal Fusion of UWF-CFP and OCTA Images”/El Habib Daho, et al. Ophthalmic Medical Image Analysis” . OMIA 2023. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 14096. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-031-44013-7_2
Additionally, during this conference, Yihao LI and Mostafa EL HABIB DAHO distinguished themselves during two challenges, organized as part of the congress:
- STAGE (Structural Functional Transition in Glaucoma Assessment – https://aistudio.baidu.com/competition/detail/968/0/introduction), organized by A*STAR (Singapore) and Sun Yat-Sen University (Canton) and sponsored by Baidu, finishing 1st on one task and 2nd on another.
- MMAC (Myopic Maculopathy Analysis Challenge) – https://codalab.lisn.upsaclay.fr/competitions/12441#learn_the_details-overview), organized by Tsinghua University (Beijing) and Shanghao Jiao Tong University (Shanghai), finishing 1st on one task and 2nd on another.
For context, the MICCAI conference is a premier event that attracts leading scientists – including biomedical scientists, engineers, and clinicians from a wide range of disciplines – dedicated to research in medical imaging and computer-assisted intervention.
NB :On the pictures , UBO-LATIM members Rachid Zeghlache, Gwenolé Quellec, and Mostafa El Habib Daho are actively engaged at the MICCAI conference. In the middle-right image, they’re joined by the distinguished Professor Emanuele Trucco, a pioneer in computational vision and medical image analysis. Visitors in the bottom-right are engrossed in discussions around the team’s presented posters, showcasing the significant impact of their research.
Two important events occurred in this end of April 2023:
- More than 2500 patients have been included so far…. This is a great achievement in the study and the investigator sites are still motivated to increase the patient cohort.14 sites in France are participating actively to the study protocol.
- Three posters were presented by the LATIM guys during the ARVO 2023 in New Orleans during the poster session, one of the most important international annual congress for ophthalmologists to present the promising results already obtained with Artificial Intelligence
- 3-D analysis of multiple OCTA acquisitions for the automated diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy.
- Performance of two ultra-widefield retinal imaging systems for the automatic diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy.
- Time-aware deep learning models for predicting diabetic retinopathy progression.
Evired is in progress !
Part of the EVIRED team was able to meet during the Retine en Pratique 2023 congress in Paris.
It was a pleasure to meet: EviRed study coordinators, orthoptists, investigators from all centers around France met with graders and supergraders from the reading center as with the leadership team.*
* Some of the contributors of the EVIRED project were not present during the photo time.
Happy Birthday EVIRED!
Since 3 years, the whole RHU EviRed team has been working very hard for the success of the project.
We are now half way through with an additional year granted by the ANR.
The consortium members (APHP, ADCIS, EVOLUCARE, LATIM-UBO, UP and Zeiss) are making significant progress and the 14 investigating sites keep on recruiting and following patients to built one of the largest dataset and to develop the most innovative and powerful algorithms based on AI.
Many thanks to all team members involved in the project… This fantastic journey continues and has the potential to better manage patients all around the world !
The MICCAI (Medical Image Computing and Computer Assisted Interventions) is a non-profitable professional organization. This organization includes Scientists doing research work in the fields of Computer Science and Medicine.
During its 25th Conference, from 18-25 September 2022, in Singapore, the work of UBO-LATIM team members, in charge of AI for EVIRED was recognized by the international community
- Yihao LI, Mostafa EL HABIB DAHO and Rachid ZEGHLACHE are on the 3rd step of the podium at the “Diabetic Retinopathy Analysis Challenge”. The aim of the challenge was to classify OCTA images and 74 people participated in this challenge.
- Rachid was honoured by the prize of “best presentation winner 2022” of the Ophthalmology workshop.
Congratulations to Yihao, Mostafa and Rachid*! Research work performed by the LATIM-UBO team has been recognized and much appreciated during this international congress.
EVIRED is proud to have such quality partners on board.
NB : from the left to the right on the picture : Yihao LI, Mostafa El HABIB DAHO and Rachid ZEGHLACHE
On the 6th of October 2022, the 2000th patient has been enrolled in the EVIRED project!
In parallel, patients included earlier are coming back for their 1 year follow-up visits and recruitment is still active to reach our next milestones.
Many thanks to all the 14 sites and their team members who work hard everyday to include and follow-up those patients!
Recruitment is still active to reach our next target!
We initiated 4 new investigator sites over the last 6 weeks.
The teams of Prof. Weber (CHU- Nantes), Dr Bonnin (Fondation Rothschild, Paris) , Dr Gascon ( Clinique Monticelli –Marseille ) and Prof. Baillif (CHU –Nice) are now ready to include patients in the EviRed Cohort.
With these new sites, more patient data will be added to the current database, and our recruitment power will be increase. The 10 first initiated investigator sites are still working hard to recruit patients and organize the first M12 follow up visits
Thanks to all for the accomplished work and welcome on board to the new sites. We are all building this fantastic and unique EviRed Cohort.
During the upcoming ARVO meeting, two posters will be presented by the team working on the EVIRED project. This presentation will take place during the “AI in the retina” session on May 3rd 2022.
- “ Multimodal information fusion for the diagnostic of diabetic retinopathy”
- “3-D style transfer between structure and flow channels in OCT angiography”
Those posters will present the first works of the AI team of UBO-LATIM and ZEISS, partners in the EVIRED consortium: This major breakthrough research work shows promising results for the future!
Feel free to attend the session and meet the team in Denver
Happy birthday to the RHU EviRed…. We blew the 2nd candle last week.
Since February 2020, the consortium members (APHP, ADCIS, EVOLUCARE, LATIM-UBO, UP and Zeiss) are working hard to develop the tools and start the first achievements of the project.
Recruitment of the cohort continues, first images have been annotated and first tests for Artificial Intelligence have been done… we continue the adventure to modify the medical care of the patient suffering from Diabetic Retinopathy
Many thanks to each team member involved in the project…
The 1000th patient has been enrolled on the 14th December 2021.
Since the beginning of the project, ten investigator sites in France have been working hard on the recruitment of the Evired Cohort.
All site initiation visits have been completed under protocol amendment #1 between March and August 2021.
All sites are now activated and recruit patients on a daily basis.
On 14th December, we reached our first recruitment milestone: 1000 patients included in the study.
Many thanks to all team members involved in the project…
Other good news: the recruitment is still ongoing and everyone is focused on making sure the Evired project will be a real success